Active Topics and News
This page provides a list of active topics (and links) that contributors have started conversations about. Please help us maintain it - please add new topics to the top of the list, and feel free to promote topics back to the top if you comment on or contribute to them.
- More cooperation in ISO about OAIS?
- Specify that an OAIS must have the technological capability to transform a SIP or AIP into a DIP
- Add a definition to the glossary for "lien" as it is used in the context of the standard
- Clarify where in model DIP design takes place
- Consider distinguishing between an ‘active AIP’ and an ‘inactive AIP’
- Add language that specifically addresses the issue of encryption
- Comments on David Rosenthal's “The case for a revision of OAIS”
- What happened when we last reviewed OAIS
- Preservation Watch - a possible addition to the OAIS standard
- Terminology extended with a definition of Data Curation - see discussion tab
- nestor welcomes the OAIS Community Forum
- Pre-ingest - the case for adding a Pre-ingest stage/function (and note the discussion on the "Talk" tab)
- Minimal Effort Ingest We suggest moving most of the ingest workflow to post-processing within the repository, as proposed in a poster at iPres 2015. Feel free to discuss or use the ideas.
- NEWS: AMIA and DLF Hack Day 18th November
- Software, that is part of an object's Representation Information, should be considered part of the digital object itself
- NEWS: Barbara Sierman and Paul Wheatley presented a poster on OAIS at iPRES2015 and engaged in lots of discussion with attendees. This community site received quite a lot of attention throughout the conference
- PREMIS and OAIS relate closely to each other in a number of areas. How should this be reflected in the text?
- Proposal: Archival Storage should be renamed to Preservation Storage. Discuss...
- Outer OAIS - Inner OAIS - Section 6 on distributed preservation needs to be more explicit
- List of proposed corrections to the Annex A functional view
- Visualizing OAIS
- Archive Interoperability - should reference OO-IO model
- The case for a revision of OAIS
Remember to follow our Guiding principles when you contribute. Thanks!
These wiki pages are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License. Attribute as "Community forum for digital preservation and curation standards http://wiki.dpconline.org/". The content on this wiki represents the opinions of the author and not the Digital Preservation Coalition. This wiki is not associated with ISO, the OAIS Standard or the CCSDS.