Difference between revisions of "When is the right time to write a business case?"
Jump to navigation Jump to search
(Created page with "==Jodie and William==")
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
Revision as of 10:00, 31 July 2013
questions and answers
- Is this the right time to be writing a business case? Does it fulfil a need that the organisation has?
- Has any work like this been undertaken before - successful or not?
- Has the senior management been primed to the issue of preservation?
- What evidence is there that senior management would be receptive to a business case
- What is the cycle of decision making / budgets in the organisation? What is the best point in this planning cycle to make a business case?
- What can you do in the short term - can you triage your collection? Damage control
- What components are available now (staff/storage)? When will these components become available?
long term vision/approach
short term components - staff, storage, etc
- Is the technology mature enough to deliver preservation
- Will new solutions emerge that simplify the problem
- Is the organisation nimble enough to respond to a problem?
- What is the budget forecast - should we be looking to a short term project or a longer term commitment
further information link to maturity assessement tools and approaches (e.g. AIDA).