What resources are we focussing on?
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- What resources do you have available?
Is this entirely new, or an extension of something you are doing already in part or in whole? Think about: staffing/skills, technical infrastructure (storage, processing), processes (e.g. cataloguing)
- Where does the stuff come from?
- Have you got a skills gap?
- Have you got the infrastructure you need?
- What are the access conditions affecting nature of resource?
- What do you need to know - how much detail? Know what you don't need to know. What is enough information?
- What have you got: complexity/diversity, volume/growth
- Do you have large files that are difficult to process or move around your network?
- What is the carrier medium?
- What is the authenticity requirement?
- What formats do you have?
- What problems do your formats cause? (e.g. can you render the format? do files render correctly? what level of QA does the collection need - e.g. file by file? - do you have the resources available for the workflow? what tools are you using?)
- What degree of stabilisation of assets is required via emulation etc
- What are your Bit-level / carrier medium solutions?
- What are your refreshment cycles?