The strategic vision provides an overview of where you want to be. It helps provide an overarching principle(s) for all the detail contained in later sections. The vision should also support the strategies and agenda of the target audience. It is important to be realistic and not promise something that is unachievable.
- What is the strategic vision for your organisation / service?
- How does this relate to digital preservation?
- Does it give you a steer for where you want to be in x years for DP?
- Explain how your vision supports the work of the wider organisation
- What are you trying to achieve with digital preservation?
- Access to digital assets?
- Certification? Trusted repository?
- Meeting legal requirements for retention?
- Define a reasonable time frame.