Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Maturity models: AIDA, ISO TRAC, NDSA levels etc.
- Cross-institutional readiness (different groups involved? e.g. IT, library divisions, vendors e.g. hosted services)
- Digital preservation objectives as part of organisational mission?
- Gap analysis - skills, functions, required change (also comparator analysis with peer institutions)
- Ownership, responsibility, accountability - roles and responsibilities, organisational structure, job specifications
- clear leadership and communication? collaboration rather than enforcement
- Stakeholder analysis - demand, expectations, priorities, awareness/engagement - what are they trying to achieve? How does DP support them?
- Examples from different domains? Internal and external, senior management, users, depositors, etc.
Describe the change you want to see in the organisation
- where are we now
- where do we want to be
- staged progression over time? long-term vision and/or small term component of that?
- continuous improvement? capacity of the organisation to adapt to change?
- staff time / availability
- exemplar skills profiles from organisations (in-house might mean local tech skills, hosted might mean project management/procurement/SLAs)
- training programmes - does this mean change to existing posts? or change to team workloads?
- approaches to storage/hardware
- approaches to software (e.g. repository systems)
- financial preparedness - ability to fund the necessary infrastructure, staffing
- sustainability of any funding allocated to DP
- ways to engage? language? (e.g. IT: 'business continuity', ITIL)
- demarkation of functional responsibilities (e.g. define DP policy vs execute part of it; support and guidance vs mandates)