Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Maturity models: AIDA, ISO TRAC, NDSA levels etc.
- Cross-institutional readiness (different groups involved? e.g. IT, library divisions, vendors e.g. hosted services)
- Digital preservation objectives as part of organisational mission?
- Gap analysis - skills, functions, required change (also comparator analysis with peer institutions)
- Stakeholder analysis - demand, expectations, priorities, awareness - what are they trying to achieve? How does DP support them?
- Ownership, responsibility, accountability - roles and responsibilities, organisational structure, job specifications
Describe the change you want to see in the organisation
- where are we now
- where do we want to be
- staged progression over time? long-term vision and/or small term component of that?
- continuous improvement?
- staff time / availability
- exemplar skills profiles from organisations (in-house might mean local tech skills, hosted might mean procurement/SLAs)
- training programmes
- financial preparedness - ability to fund the necessary infrastructure, staffing
- sustainability of any funding allocated to DP
Issues to consider
- Likely impact of DP on various roles/functions within the organisation
- Capacity of the organisation to change
- Organisational culture
- Is it the right time?
- Staff skills/time
- Financial preparedness - ability to fund the necessary infrastructure, staffing; sustainability of any funding allocated to DP