- If you've not used the DPC wiki before, you'll need to create a new account here. This is quick and easy to do! Click on "Create Account" at the top right corner of the wiki. If you already have an account, make sure you're logged in first.
- This wiki runs on the popular MediaWiki software, used by Wikipedia and other wikis on the web. If you need some help on editing wikis, use follow the "Help" link on the left
- Once logged in, there are a number of ways you can contribute:
- Write a blog post on a new topic. Follow this link and then follow the on screen instructions: OAIS Blog Posts.
- Browse the wiki and then comment on contributions from others. We value your opinions! The Active Topics and News page is a great way to see what others have contributed. Remember, every wiki page has a related "Discussion" page. This is a great place to post your thoughts.
- Remember that a wiki can continue to be edited, corrected and refined over time. Your contributions do not need to be perfect publications, first time round!
- Follow the Guiding Principles below...
- Still having trouble? Send an email to: paul -at- dpconline.org
Guiding Principles for this community
- Do not be afraid do contribute your thoughts! We are all friends here.
- Who can contribute? Anyone. You don't need to be a member of the DPC.
- The wiki is monitored, so “be nice”. Inappropriate comments will be deleted. Debate is excellent, but remember the point above!
- We have put all the paragraphs of the latest version of OAIS on the wiki to enable you to put your feedback at the relevant place. This will make it more easy to give feedback in the OAIS review process
- Suggest and discuss changes on the relevant "Discussion" page, and then add text that has been agreed during the discussion to the relevant main wiki page
- Sign your contributions by typing ~~~~ This will auto generate a time and name signature for you.
- After you have made a contribution, add a link and a single sentence describing the issue to the Active Topics and News page
- If you have feedback that does not relate to a specific page of the OAIS model, or you'd like to talk about it at length, please add this to the page OAIS Blog Posts page.
- We welcome references to other material. Please do not embed files but link to them where possible.
- Make use of the OAIS terminology where relevant: this is our shared language. Use the list of OAIS terminology 
- An Editorial Blog will regularly summarize the latest additions
- Don't worry: this wiki is part of a regular back up procedure
These wiki pages are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License. Attribute as "Community forum for digital preservation and curation standards http://wiki.dpconline.org/". The content on this wiki represents the opinions of the author and not the Digital Preservation Coalition. This wiki is not associated with ISO, the OAIS Standard or the CCSDS.